Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Black bar in WORD

Black bar in WORD

J. W.

Hi,
An elderly friend just had her system updated to WORD 2003. Now, every time
she brings up a new document, or tries to edit one, a black bar appears as
soon as she types a letter. I checked to make sure shading was off.... any
ideas? (Due to poor eyesight, she has everything on an extremely large
font).
Could the high-lighting feature do this? (I went into shading to make sure
the color was set to white).

Thanks for any help!

Kenny Cargill

Had same problem with Word XP on an older PC. Was OK when removed and WOrd
97 or Word 2000 installed.

--

Kenny

news:(E-Mail Removed)...