Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > XP won't recognize capture device

XP won't recognize capture device

johnpower@verobeachlaw.com

When I connect my firewire cable to my computer from my Hollywood DV
Bridge (which is in turn attached to a VCR) my operating system does
not recognize and list the device. It used to make a beep and then
list the device when I clicked My Computer but now it doesn't.

Is it possible I have a corrupted driver file? If so, what do I do
about this?

Thanks

Jerry G.

Look in the system properties, under My Computer, and see under hardware, if
it does exist. If it does not or shows an error, you can work from there.

Sometimes uninstalling it, and then reinstalling it should fix any problems
with it. This goes for many of the external plug and play problems. I am
using a cell phone connected to the computer for its database. I had to
uninstall it a number of times.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
When I connect my firewire cable to my computer from my Hollywood DV
Bridge (which is in turn attached to a VCR) my operating system does
not recognize and list the device. It used to make a beep and then
list the device when I clicked My Computer but now it doesn't.

Is it possible I have a corrupted driver file? If so, what do I do
about this?

Thanks

johnpower@verobeachlaw.com

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:39:30 -0500, "Jerry G." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Look in the system properties, under My Computer, and see under hardware, if
>it does exist. If it does not or shows an error, you can work from there.
>
>Sometimes uninstalling it, and then reinstalling it should fix any problems
>with it. This goes for many of the external plug and play problems. I am
>using a cell phone connected to the computer for its database. I had to
>uninstall it a number of times.

I do not know what the "it" is that you are referring to since I do
not know what driver this device uses. There is no driver software
that came with it since Windows XP is supposed to have the driver
built in.