Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > D-Link DFE-908X Hub? Switch?

D-Link DFE-908X Hub? Switch?

Gus

Someone gave me the above referenced unit but I'm not clear whether it is a
hub or a switch. The unit says Hub on the front of it, and all the
documentation refer to it as a hub, but I'm not convinced it is. I'd much
rather have a switch on the network than a hub. Does anyone else have one
of these or know which one it is? Thanks.

Thor

It's a hub.

"Gus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ddrCb.2131$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Someone gave me the above referenced unit but I'm not clear whether it is

> hub or a switch. The unit says Hub on the front of it, and all the
> documentation refer to it as a hub, but I'm not convinced it is. I'd much
> rather have a switch on the network than a hub. Does anyone else have one
> of these or know which one it is? Thanks.

Gus

thanks. that's what I figured. the person who gave it to me insisted it
was a switch.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...