Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Horizontal lines accross monitor

Horizontal lines accross monitor

k_yhz

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 1200NF 22" monitor and it has two lines
that run accross the full width of the screen. The lines are one
pixel wide and are located about 3 inches from the top and bottom of
the screen. They appear at all resolutions. There also appears to be
a little "color burn" or something in the top left hand corner - a
little purplish hue.
Any suggestions as to what caused this and what I can do about it?
Thanks.

DeMoN LaG

k_yhz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a Samsung SyncMaster 1200NF 22" monitor and it has two lines
> that run accross the full width of the screen. The lines are one
> pixel wide and are located about 3 inches from the top and bottom of
> the screen. They appear at all resolutions. There also appears to be
> a little "color burn" or something in the top left hand corner - a
> little purplish hue.
> Any suggestions as to what caused this and what I can do about it?
> Thanks.

It sounds like you have a monitor with a "Trinitron" tube. They provide
really high quality picture, but require two wires to hold the apeture
grill in place. There is nothing you can do about this, but the lines will
be barely noticable after a little getting used to.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

k_yhz

Thanks for the info - that's what the folks who sold it to me said.

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:32:54 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

>k_yhz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> I have a Samsung SyncMaster 1200NF 22" monitor and it has two lines
>> that run accross the full width of the screen. The lines are one
>> pixel wide and are located about 3 inches from the top and bottom of
>> the screen. They appear at all resolutions. There also appears to be
>> a little "color burn" or something in the top left hand corner - a
>> little purplish hue.
>> Any suggestions as to what caused this and what I can do about it?
>> Thanks.
>>

>It sounds like you have a monitor with a "Trinitron" tube. They provide
>really high quality picture, but require two wires to hold the apeture
>grill in place. There is nothing you can do about this, but the lines will
>be barely noticable after a little getting used to.

Night_Seer

k_yhz wrote:
> Thanks for the info - that's what the folks who sold it to me said.
>
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:32:54 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:
>
>> k_yhz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> I have a Samsung SyncMaster 1200NF 22" monitor and it has two lines
>>> that run accross the full width of the screen. The lines are one
>>> pixel wide and are located about 3 inches from the top and bottom of
>>> the screen. They appear at all resolutions. There also appears to
>>> be a little "color burn" or something in the top left hand corner -
>>> a little purplish hue.
>>> Any suggestions as to what caused this and what I can do about it?
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> It sounds like you have a monitor with a "Trinitron" tube. They
>> provide really high quality picture, but require two wires to hold
>> the apeture grill in place. There is nothing you can do about this,
>> but the lines will be barely noticable after a little getting used
>> to.

Yup I have a Sony monitor witht hose same lines...I completely forgot
about them until now...you get used to em. As for the hue in the
corner. I would check the refresh rate, as I have fixed this before by
lowering or raising it. Check your monitors documentation to see what
refresh rates it supports at your current resolution.

--
Night_Seer

Roy@home.net

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:30:58 -0800, "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail
dot com> wrote:

>k_yhz wrote:
>> Thanks for the info - that's what the folks who sold it to me said.
>>
>> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:32:54 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:
>>
>>> k_yhz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> It sounds like you have a monitor with a "Trinitron" tube. They
>>> provide really high quality picture, but require two wires to hold
>>> the apeture grill in place. There is nothing you can do about this,
>>> but the lines will be barely noticable after a little getting used
>>> to.

>Yup I have a Sony monitor witht hose same lines...I completely forgot
>about them until now...you get used to em. As for the hue in the
>corner. I would check the refresh rate, as I have fixed this before by
>lowering or raising it. Check your monitors documentation to see what
>refresh rates it supports at your current resolution.

A note to original poster. You have the better type of monitor once
you forget about the lines.

Roy - Carpe Noctem

Night_Seer

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:30:58 -0800, "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail
> dot com> wrote:
>
>> k_yhz wrote:
>>> Thanks for the info - that's what the folks who sold it to me said.

>> Yup I have a Sony monitor witht hose same lines...I completely forgot
>> about them until now...you get used to em. As for the hue in the
>> corner. I would check the refresh rate, as I have fixed this before
>> by lowering or raising it. Check your monitors documentation to see
>> what refresh rates it supports at your current resolution.

> A note to original poster. You have the better type of monitor once
> you forget about the lines.
>
> Roy - Carpe Noctem

agreed...

--