Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Digital and SVGA connection to one monitor at the same time

Digital and SVGA connection to one monitor at the same time

Mighty Magpie

I have now obtained a Graphics card which in addition to the normal
output (SVGA?)output also has the digital output that lets me connect
to the digital input of my TFT monitor.

Is it acceptable to have both types of leads plugged into the monitor
at the same time or must I only have either one or the other
connected?

Will it do any damage leaving them both connected?

TIA

Thor

"Mighty Magpie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have now obtained a Graphics card which in addition to the normal
> output (SVGA?)output also has the digital output that lets me connect
> to the digital input of my TFT monitor.
>
> Is it acceptable to have both types of leads plugged into the monitor
> at the same time or must I only have either one or the other
> connected?
>
> Will it do any damage leaving them both connected?

You use one, or the other. No purpose I know of in trying to use both,
anyway.

Mighty Magpie

Wasn't sure and thought it best to ask.

Thanks for the reply - I couldn't find this email when I looked previously

"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Mighty Magpie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I have now obtained a Graphics card which in addition to the normal
> > output (SVGA?)output also has the digital output that lets me connect
> > to the digital input of my TFT monitor.
> >
> > Is it acceptable to have both types of leads plugged into the monitor
> > at the same time or must I only have either one or the other
> > connected?
> >
> > Will it do any damage leaving them both connected?

> You use one, or the other. No purpose I know of in trying to use both,
> anyway.

SVGA monitor extension question SBFan2000 A+ Certification 6 12-14-2006 12:42 PM
Buying a replacement Super VGA (SVGA) monitor tomhr@awesomenet.net Computer Support 4 11-20-2006 06:13 PM
SVGA to Composite? Me Computer Support 3 11-24-2005 09:00 AM
Monitor, Nec Multisync 29" CRT SVGA mike NZ Computing 6 03-28-2005 04:05 AM

Advertisments