Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > jpg's not previewable in folders?

jpg's not previewable in folders?

John

Hi.

Have a slight prob. When I go into a folder, e.g. My Documents and
click on a JPG file it no longer previews the picture in the left pane
at the bottom. It used to do this, but I had a problem and had to
reassociate the file type jpg to use explorer. Now it hasn't worked
since.

I'm using Win98se.

If you now how I can fix this I'd appreciate your help a lot.

Thanks

John

Kenny Cargill

With Explorer or My Computer open go to the View menu and enable thumbnails.

--

Kenny

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
>
> Have a slight prob. When I go into a folder, e.g. My Documents and
> click on a JPG file it no longer previews the picture in the left pane
> at the bottom. It used to do this, but I had a problem and had to
> reassociate the file type jpg to use explorer. Now it hasn't worked
> since.
>
> I'm using Win98se.
>
> If you now how I can fix this I'd appreciate your help a lot.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=192573

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
>
> Have a slight prob. When I go into a folder, e.g. My Documents and
> click on a JPG file it no longer previews the picture in the left pane
> at the bottom. It used to do this, but I had a problem and had to
> reassociate the file type jpg to use explorer. Now it hasn't worked
> since.
>
> I'm using Win98se.
>
> If you now how I can fix this I'd appreciate your help a lot.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

LEO THOMPSON

Have you tried clicking on VIEW on your folder's toolbar and selecting VIEW
AS WEBPAGE.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
>
> Have a slight prob. When I go into a folder, e.g. My Documents and
> click on a JPG file it no longer previews the picture in the left pane
> at the bottom. It used to do this, but I had a problem and had to
> reassociate the file type jpg to use explorer. Now it hasn't worked
> since.
>
> I'm using Win98se.
>
> If you now how I can fix this I'd appreciate your help a lot.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

John

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:04:53 -0000, "Kenny Cargill" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>With Explorer or My Computer open go to the View menu and enable thumbnails.

Hi. In both Explorer and in the folders there is no option for this.

John

John

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:22:18 -0500, "LEO THOMPSON"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Have you tried clicking on VIEW on your folder's toolbar and selecting VIEW
>AS WEBPAGE.

Yes I have this selected but Jpg images wont show up in the bottom
left preview.

John

LEO THOMPSON

Sorry, John, I don't know what else to suggest. Let us know when you resolve
the prob.
Regards,
news:WlJAb.1150$(E-Mail Removed).. .