Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > DDE Link Mechanics

DDE Link Mechanics

James

Can anyone tell me the mechanics of setting a DDE Link to EXCEL?

I am trying to import live stock market data.

Thanks

James

Duane Arnold

James <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Xns94496968DF5ACjamesquilliannet@
24.28.95.158:

> Can anyone tell me the mechanics of setting a DDE Link to EXCEL?
>
> I am trying to import live stock market data.
>
> Thanks
>
> James

You can take that part*DDE Link to EXCEL?* and enter it into a Google
search line. And you will get plenty of hits on the *how to(s)*.

Duane

George

You might want to rethink how you intend to do that. About four years ago I
was doing some development work and had some problems using DDE w/Excel and
had something like 15 support calls to MS...nothing they suggested worked
the way it was supposed to...last support call, the MS support person
referred to DDE as a "junk technology" and MS did abandon it first in favor
of COM objects and later .NET.

I don't know what you intend to do, but in my application, I did have DDE
w/Excel working fine as a push-button macro but could never get it to work
as an autoexecute macro.