Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > FILE ERRORS

FILE ERRORS

Melissa Lane

I am having problems with some of my files saying they are corrupted and if
I try to download them to my received files and I try to open them it says
that yada, yada, yada isnt a valid Win32 application. I was wondering if
someone could help me troubleshoot this. I am running XP if that would have
anything to do with anything. Also my Windows Explorer keeps crashing.
Thanks in advance,
Melissa

Wizard

Do this with your XP media in the cd drive: Start/run/cmd [enter]
type sfc [enter]
Windows will now replace all the original or corrupt files as necessary.
This can take a while so just wait till it is finished the reboot.

Melissa Lane wrote:

> I am having problems with some of my files saying they are corrupted and if
> I try to download them to my received files and I try to open them it says
> that yada, yada, yada isnt a valid Win32 application. I was wondering if
> someone could help me troubleshoot this. I am running XP if that would have
> anything to do with anything. Also my Windows Explorer keeps crashing.
> Thanks in advance,
> Melissa

Wizard

oops! that's "sfc /scannow"