Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > problem with microsoft internet explorer

Reply
Thread Tools

problem with microsoft internet explorer

 
 
Zach
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2003
Some sites like game
sites I go to have a second window that pops up. The problem is the second
window is a small window that cuts my view of the game off. How can I make
this window bigger? Maximize is not an option as it claims to be maximized
already. An example of this problem is a bingo site I play at. When you
click on "play now" the small window with the bingo cards appear but it cuts
off most of the bingo cards. Anyone know why?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Thor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2003

"Zach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ztazb.8113$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Some sites like game
> sites I go to have a second window that pops up. The problem is the second
> window is a small window that cuts my view of the game off. How can I make
> this window bigger? Maximize is not an option as it claims to be maximized
> already. An example of this problem is a bingo site I play at. When you
> click on "play now" the small window with the bingo cards appear but it

cuts
> off most of the bingo cards. Anyone know why?


I've seen this before with some online card/casino games. Basically, beyond
trying a different video driver (something I doubt will help) there is
nothing you can do about it on your own machine. Send an email to the game
developers, and complain. Their game isn't properly working with the windows
GUI.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Zach
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2003
No its just not game sites. It can be any site that pops up a window. It
just recently started doing this and it does it to sites that I use
frequently so I know its something that happened recently because these
sites use to work fine. Man this is annoying. lol I hate it when I can't
figure something out. Thanks for the response.

"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Zach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ztazb.8113$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> > Some sites like game
> > sites I go to have a second window that pops up. The problem is the

second
> > window is a small window that cuts my view of the game off. How can I

make
> > this window bigger? Maximize is not an option as it claims to be

maximized
> > already. An example of this problem is a bingo site I play at. When you
> > click on "play now" the small window with the bingo cards appear but it

> cuts
> > off most of the bingo cards. Anyone know why?

>
> I've seen this before with some online card/casino games. Basically,

beyond
> trying a different video driver (something I doubt will help) there is
> nothing you can do about it on your own machine. Send an email to the game
> developers, and complain. Their game isn't properly working with the

windows
> GUI.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Zach
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2003
Doh it was a pop up killer doing it! lol This pop up killer I had forgotten
about because it installs right within MSIE so you don't see it. It was set
not to let it resize windows. Disabled the pop up program and it works! I
just assumed that was not the problem as the window was coming up
partially.Well just wanted to post this case anyone else runs into the same
problem. Thanks again.

"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Zach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ztazb.8113$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> > Some sites like game
> > sites I go to have a second window that pops up. The problem is the

second
> > window is a small window that cuts my view of the game off. How can I

make
> > this window bigger? Maximize is not an option as it claims to be

maximized
> > already. An example of this problem is a bingo site I play at. When you
> > click on "play now" the small window with the bingo cards appear but it

> cuts
> > off most of the bingo cards. Anyone know why?

>
> I've seen this before with some online card/casino games. Basically,

beyond
> trying a different video driver (something I doubt will help) there is
> nothing you can do about it on your own machine. Send an email to the game
> developers, and complain. Their game isn't properly working with the

windows
> GUI.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Thor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2003

"Zach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uHdzb.8368$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Doh it was a pop up killer doing it! lol This pop up killer I had

forgotten
> about because it installs right within MSIE so you don't see it. It was

set
> not to let it resize windows. Disabled the pop up program and it works! I
> just assumed that was not the problem as the window was coming up
> partially.Well just wanted to post this case anyone else runs into the

same
> problem. Thanks again.


Interesting. I never considered that possibility. Thanks for sharing the
solution!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Explorer 8: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe vs C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe Nathan Sokalski Windows 64bit 16 02-22-2010 08:31 AM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSE 4 11-15-2006 02:40 AM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola Microsoft Certification 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd realexxams@yahoo.com Microsoft Certification 0 05-10-2006 02:35 PM
microsoft.public.dotnet.faqs,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms,microsoft.public.dotnet.general,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb Charles A. Lackman ASP .Net 1 12-08-2004 07:08 PM



Advertisments