Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Odd one I need help with....

Odd one I need help with....

Wizard

When I double click something, either an Icon on the desktop or the
right pane folders in WinExplorer I get the search pane. If i right
click and choose open or explorer things are normal. The one thing I've
noticed is that "Search ..." is bold in the right click menu all the
time which makes me tend to believe that is the/part of the problem. I
have never seen this before and I have no Idea where it came from but it
annoys the **** out of me.

Anyone have any ideas or seen this before?

Perhaps some one knows how to/where to edit what is in the right click
menu?

Thor

Go here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks2.htm#fix

And in the "Fixes for Windows XP" box, select and download the "search opens
when double-clicking a folder" VBS fix.

"Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I double click something, either an Icon on the desktop or the
> right pane folders in WinExplorer I get the search pane. If i right
> click and choose open or explorer things are normal. The one thing I've
> noticed is that "Search ..." is bold in the right click menu all the
> time which makes me tend to believe that is the/part of the problem. I
> have never seen this before and I have no Idea where it came from but it
> annoys the **** out of me.
>
> Anyone have any ideas or seen this before?
>
> Perhaps some one knows how to/where to edit what is in the right click
> menu?

Wizard

Thanx, that was indeed the fix.
Do you perhaps know more about this .. as in how it got that way?

Thor wrote:

> Go here:
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks2.htm#fix
>
> And in the "Fixes for Windows XP" box, select and download the "search opens
> when double-clicking a folder" VBS fix.
>
> "Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When I double click something, either an Icon on the desktop or the
> > right pane folders in WinExplorer I get the search pane.

Thor

No. I've only seen it a couple of times myself, and I haven't a clue as to
the cause. It does have something to do with Search being in bold on the
menu. Somehow that becomes the default action.

"Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanx, that was indeed the fix.
> Do you perhaps know more about this .. as in how it got that way?
>
> Thor wrote:
> >
> > Go here:
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks2.htm#fix
> >
> > And in the "Fixes for Windows XP" box, select and download the "search

opens
> > when double-clicking a folder" VBS fix.
> >
> > "Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > When I double click something, either an Icon on the desktop or the
> > > right pane folders in WinExplorer I get the search pane.

Odd behavior with odd code Michael Speer C Programming 33 02-18-2007 07:31 AM
Odd error from one ip address only newsgroups.comcast.net ASP .Net 7 04-21-2006 06:32 PM
Strings odd one out jk Java 6 02-21-2005 08:22 PM
Odd behavior for include on Sun One Web Server vs Weblogic 8.x Hughes Java 0 02-19-2004 09:23 PM
Need help with odd bug. Elliot M. Rodriguez ASP .Net 8 10-17-2003 02:24 PM

Advertisments