Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Emptying DLL cache and Prefetch folders?

Emptying DLL cache and Prefetch folders?

DeMoN LaG

Calvin Crumrine <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:vspugcl6vfg7f4
@corp.supernews.com:

> Interesting. Sort of a peer-to-peer setup. I wonder if that's why
> they're stored in 3 places-rather than having a central repository maybe
> it works by voting?

I am not really sure, as one of the first things I do when I install
Windows on my personal machines is to disable Windows File Protection

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Night_Seer

DeMoN LaG wrote:
> Calvin Crumrine <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:vspugcl6vfg7f4
> @corp.supernews.com:
>
>> Interesting. Sort of a peer-to-peer setup. I wonder if that's why
>> they're stored in 3 places-rather than having a central repository
>> maybe it works by voting?
>>

> I am not really sure, as one of the first things I do when I install
> Windows on my personal machines is to disable Windows File Protection

How do you go about doing that, and what are the benefits?

--
Night_Seer

Billy

This is a nice reference to a TechNet article and shows how to disable
near the end.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/...wfp_Print.mspx

news:(E-Mail Removed)...