Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > 52% free?

52% free?

ArtKramr

My computer reads 52% free. What does that refer to? Percentage of free space
on the hard disk? Or something else?

Regards,

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Thor

well that would depend entirely on where you are reading that from. Where
exactly did you see it?

"ArtKramr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My computer reads 52% free. What does that refer to? Percentage of free

space
> on the hard disk? Or something else?
>
> Regards,
>

> Arthur Kramer
> 344th BG 494th BS
> England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
> Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
> http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

ArtKramr

>Subject: Re: 52% free?
>From: "Thor" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>Date: 12/1/03 11:56 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>well that would depend entirely on where you are reading that from. Where
>exactly did you see it?
>

>..
>"ArtKramr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> My computer reads 52% free. What does that refer to? Percentage of free

>space
>> on the hard disk? Or something else?
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> Arthur Kramer
>> 344th BG 494th BS
>> England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
>> Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
>> http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I go to Control Panel,,,,
Then to Systems...
Then to performance...
The to System Resources and that is where thw 52% Free appears.
What do you think?

Regards,

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Calvin Crumrine

ArtKramr wrote:
>>Subject: Re: 52% free?
>>From: "Thor" (E-Mail Removed)
>>Date: 12/1/03 11:56 AM Pacific Standard Time
>>
>>well that would depend entirely on where you are reading that from. Where
>>exactly did you see it?
>>

>>..
>>"ArtKramr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>My computer reads 52% free. What does that refer to? Percentage of free

>>space
>>
>>>on the hard disk? Or something else?
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>

>>>Arthur Kramer
>>>344th BG 494th BS
>>> England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
>>>Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
>>>http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer
>>>

> Thanks for your prompt reply.
> I go to Control Panel,,,,
> Then to Systems...
> Then to performance...
> The to System Resources and that is where thw 52% Free appears.
> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
>
> Arthur Kramer
> 344th BG 494th BS
> England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
> Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
> http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

I think it's referring to system resources. You have 52% of your system
resources free.

Roy@home.net

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:56:38 -0900, Calvin Crumrine
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I think it's referring to system resources. You have 52% of your system
>resources free.

I've been meaning to ask for a long time. I understand % ram and % HD,
but what exactly do they mean by system resources? Thanks.

Roy - Carpe Noctem

derek / nul

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 06:25:35 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>system resources

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=

Robert Baer

derek / nul wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 06:25:35 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> >system resources

> http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=

And what, pray tell does that reference to do with "free" and 52% ???
Remember: TINSTAAFL.

Roy@home.net

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:18:20 +1100, derek / nul <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 06:25:35 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>system resources

>http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=

Found some interesting stuff. I have XP. Why are System Resources not
an issue for me? Can't find the sys monitor on my HD.

Roy - Carpe Noctem

Thor

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:18:20 +1100, derek / nul <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 06:25:35 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >
> >>system resources

>http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...system+resourc

es%22&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

> Found some interesting stuff. I have XP. Why are System Resources not
> an issue for me? Can't find the sys monitor on my HD.

because XP handles it's system resources in an entirely different way, which
makes running out of them almost impossible.

derek / nul

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 06:48:58 GMT, Robert Baer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>derek / nul wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 06:25:35 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> >system resources

>> http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=

> And what, pray tell does that reference to do with "free" and 52% ???
> Remember: TINSTAAFL.

If you had bothered to follow some of the links, it explained what they were!!