Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > spyware help

spyware help

Norvin Gordon

I think I may have some spyware on my system and would like to know what
I can do to check it out. Is there any spyware out there that doesn't
create more problems.
Thanks

Thor

"Norvin Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think I may have some spyware on my system and would like to know what
> I can do to check it out. Is there any spyware out there that doesn't
> create more problems.
> Thanks

get "Spybot search and destroy".

jtw

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 04:34:34 GMT, Norvin Gordon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I think I may have some spyware on my system and would like to know what
>I can do to check it out. Is there any spyware out there that doesn't
>create more problems.
>Thanks

I've been using ad-aware v6.0 and spybot without any problems for a
while now.

jtw

--
UsenetRocket.com - Know the Difference
http://www.UsenetRocket.com

Peace2Peace

Hi Norvin Gordon

One way to avoid current spam is to change to using a new email
address and do not give it out to on-line sites you visit or to any
individual or organizations you don't know or trust.

You may want to try a third party anti-spam software called MailWasher.
You can find a link to it at http://thor.idx.com.au.

In Outlook Express you can also set up Filter Rules to auto delete mail
from server based on certain details like keywords, sender's email
addresses, etc. You find this in Tools/Message Rules/Mails in your
Outlook Express.

Also here are some good programs to help you to get rid of spyware and pop-ups
to make sure your computer is spyware free:

Ad-Aware
Spy Sweeper
Spybot Search and Destroy
Don't Panic
Popup Stopper , etc..

You can find all these plus more at zdnet.com.

Remember, always have a good up to date antivirus program running on your computer
never open any email attachment you don't trust and delete suspicious email always.

Regards..
Jonathan

Night_Seer

Peace2Peace wrote:
> Hi Norvin Gordon
>
> One way to avoid current spam is to change to using a new email
> address and do not give it out to on-line sites you visit or to any
> individual or organizations you don't know or trust.
>
> You may want to try a third party anti-spam software called
> MailWasher.
> You can find a link to it at http://thor.idx.com.au.
>
> In Outlook Express you can also set up Filter Rules to auto delete
> mail
> from server based on certain details like keywords, sender's email
> addresses, etc. You find this in Tools/Message Rules/Mails in your
> Outlook Express.
>
> Also here are some good programs to help you to get rid of spyware
> and pop-ups
> to make sure your computer is spyware free:
>
> Ad-Aware
> Spy Sweeper
> Spybot Search and Destroy
> Don't Panic
> Popup Stopper , etc..
>
> You can find all these plus more at zdnet.com.
>
> Remember, always have a good up to date antivirus program running on
> your computer never open any email attachment you don't trust and
> delete suspicious email always.
>
> Regards..
> Jonathan

I love mailwasher. My girlfriend decided to input my email address
in to some sort of scam spam thing, and before I got zero spam, now I
get em by the boatload. Even getting a new address, you have no control
over what your friends do with them, get a good spam blocker and be done
with it. And don't forget to use mailinator when filling out suspicious
forms...check out www.mailinator.com.

--
Night_Seer

Phil