Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Master & Slave!

Reply
Thread Tools

Master & Slave!

 
 
Todd Howard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2003
Maybe it is a Canadian thing.....you ask them here and they are called
keels...
TH
"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's certainly not the case with KFC restaurants in Ohio and indiana

that
> I have been to. They are still listed as chicken breasts.
>
>
>
> ..
> "Todd Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:WWoyb.1063$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > KFC stopped calling them "breasts" a long time ago...now it is called a
> > "keel"...apparently some woman in the States was offended or

something....
> > ( I got to talking to an employee one drunken night
> > TH
> > "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> > news:Xns9442B32927400Wobbly@216.168.3.30...
> > > "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
> > >
> > > > It soon won't really matter, as S-ATA does away with the whole
> > > > master/slave relationship.
> > > >
> > >
> > > It is really sad that someone is offended when someone labels a drive

as
> > > "Master" and another as "slave". Or like in the article, when one

> machine
> > > is master and another slave. Get over it, this country is too damned

> sue
> > > happy.
> > >
> > > --
> > > AIM: FrznFoodClerk
> > > email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
> > > website: under construction
> > > Need a technician in the south Jersey area?
> > > email/IM for rates/services

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Calvin Crumrine
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2003
Run amok is right, I think. There's considerable reason behind PC-the
language you use does define the way you think, and it's a feedback loop
that works both ways-but it has been taken too far, especially with this.

Thor wrote:
> Political correctness run amok. It's all the rage these days.
>
>
> ..
> "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> news:Xns9442B32927400Wobbly@216.168.3.30...
>
>>"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>
>>>It soon won't really matter, as S-ATA does away with the whole
>>>master/slave relationship.
>>>

>>
>>It is really sad that someone is offended when someone labels a drive as
>>"Master" and another as "slave". Or like in the article, when one machine
>>is master and another slave. Get over it, this country is too damned sue
>>happy.
>>
>>--
>>AIM: FrznFoodClerk
>>email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
>>website: under construction
>>Need a technician in the south Jersey area?
>>email/IM for rates/services

>
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Luke Hague
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-02-2003
I just never made a connection between this being politically incorrect.
Nor do I really care, I will always call it master and slave, and all of the
people I know will continue too as well.

"Kenny Cargill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bqb30k$20ml17$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> What do we call them now?
>
> http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/master.asp
>
> --
>
> Kenny
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Plato
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2003
Todd Howard wrote:
>
> KFC stopped calling them "breasts" a long time ago...now it is called a


Chickens dont have breasts anyway. They have chests. Ever see a nipple
on a chicken?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roy@home.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2003
On 3 Dec 2003 23:45:08 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

>Chickens dont have breasts anyway. They have chests. Ever see a nipple
>on a chicken?


The ones at Albertsons are so big, we call them Dolly PardChickens.

Roy - Carpe Noctem
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roy@home.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2003
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:01:06 GMT, V W Wall <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Somebody over on grc.techtalk, remarked that his car has a master
>cylinder and four slave cylinders, one on each wheel! My car has
>dual master cylinders, and everyone knows you can't have two masters.
>
>Virg Wall


Plumbers are going to have to change. Can't have male and female
pipes.

Roy - Carpe Noctem
 
Reply With Quote
 
bambam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2003
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Plumbers are going to have to change. Can't have male and female
> pipes.


Don't have male and female pipes, more like male and female fittings.
Sockets, nuts, and ballcocks and all sorts of nipples. We have barrel
nipples, hex nipples, reducing nipples, and nipple tube.
Can't screw things together if you don't have a male and a female.

--
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow
 
Reply With Quote
 
Trent©
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-05-2003
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:14:17 GMT, bambam <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Can't screw things together if you don't have a male and a female.


Can't screw things UP, either!


Have a nice week...

Trent

Dyslexics of the world ... UNTIE !
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roy@home.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-05-2003
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:14:17 GMT, bambam <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Plumbers are going to have to change. Can't have male and female
>> pipes.

>
>Don't have male and female pipes, more like male and female fittings.
>Sockets, nuts, and ballcocks and all sorts of nipples. We have barrel
>nipples, hex nipples, reducing nipples, and nipple tube.
>Can't screw things together if you don't have a male and a female.


Barrel nipples give me the willies.

Roy - Carpe Noctem
 
Reply With Quote
 
Plato
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-05-2003
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> >Chickens dont have breasts anyway. They have chests. Ever see a nipple
> >on a chicken?

>
> The ones at Albertsons are so big, we call them Dolly PardChickens.


I've always liked dark meat anyway.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd Post: VB Master-Details Edit (Separate Pages), Response Redirect to Master Page Databinding Issue... Sam ASP .Net 1 07-20-2006 06:17 PM
VB Master-Details Edit (Separate Pages), Response Redirect to Master Page Databinding Issue... Sam ASP .Net 0 07-20-2006 02:31 AM
Cross Page Post Back When Using Mixture of Master Pages and Non-Master Pages Jason@webbit.com ASP .Net 1 05-16-2006 02:00 PM
Master Pages Great! But what about Master User Controls? Electrified Research ASP .Net 5 10-11-2005 02:32 PM
seeking servlet "Master" keep getting "Master/servlet/Master" not found. Tomcat 5.0.25 Doug McCann Java 1 08-05-2004 09:16 PM



Advertisments