Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Video capture question.

Video capture question.

mbowen83

Hi, Does anyone have any suggestions on an External Video Capture Device
(mainly so I can convert VHS to a format that can be used for DVD and to
record the occasional TV show to my laptop)that uses either a 4 or 6 pin
1394 connection. I am trying to find something to use on my laptop that does
not require you have USB 2.0.

Thanks in advance,
mbowen83

Robert Baer

mbowen83 wrote:

> Hi, Does anyone have any suggestions on an External Video Capture Device
> (mainly so I can convert VHS to a format that can be used for DVD and to
> record the occasional TV show to my laptop)that uses either a 4 or 6 pin
> 1394 connection. I am trying to find something to use on my laptop that does
> not require you have USB 2.0.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> mbowen83

First, one needs a video card that accepts TV signals (3 formats are
typical: RF signal, Composite video & audio, and Svideo.
Then the capture software.