Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > reducing the sound of the Beep at boot (ie. 'post' sound) ?

reducing the sound of the Beep at boot (ie. 'post' sound) ?

king abiu

hi, is it possible to turn down the volume on the single BEEP i get
from the case speaker, on bootup?

i have an Aopen AX63PRO running win98se. it doesn't mention anything
about it in the motherboard manual, that i have found

thanks,
charlie

Spajky

On 28 Nov 2003 18:54:00 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (king abiu)
wrote:

>hi, is it possible to turn down the volume on the single BEEP i get
>from the case speaker, on bootup?

connect serially with it a resistor of approx. 3 times higher value
than the one mentioned on speaker back (for once lower sound);
or 9x value for twice lower sound ...

-- Regards, SPAJKY
& visit site - http://www.spajky.vze.com
Celly-III OC-ed,"Tualatin on BX-Slot1-MoBo!"
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

Thor

no. You can usually unhook the speaker, or try and cover it with something
to reduce the sound, but no volume control is provided for that.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...