Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Raid on SATA or ATA? help!

Raid on SATA or ATA? help!

Adriano

Hi,
I would like to know what it means RAID on SATA and ATA.
I ask this because updating the driver for my motherboard
"Asus P4C800 Deluxe"
I have seen something that I don't understand.
In fact in the old driver I read "for ATA" and in the new driver "for
SATA".
However I have just installed it and it is everything OK
But my atrocious doubt is: will I have installed the correct driver?
Thanks

bye Adriano

DeMoN LaG

Adriano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> But my atrocious doubt is: will I have installed the correct driver?

If you installed an SATA controller driver and you didn't have the
controller, it would appear in your device manager as a ! or an X. If you
somehow installed the wrong ATA controller drivers, which would be
difficult enough to get windows to do, you would not be using your computer
right now as it probably wouldn't even be booting correctly.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

DontOutsourceMe

Adriano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> Hi,
> I would like to know what it means RAID on SATA and ATA.
> I ask this because updating the driver for my motherboard
> "Asus P4C800 Deluxe"
> I have seen something that I don't understand.
> In fact in the old driver I read "for ATA" and in the new driver "for
> SATA".
> However I have just installed it and it is everything OK
> But my atrocious doubt is: will I have installed the correct driver?
> Thanks
>
> bye Adriano

This is not TECH SUPPORT..we have other important issues to discuss here..thanks.

DontOutsourceMe.

DeMoN LaG

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (DontOutsourceMe) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> This is not TECH SUPPORT..we have other important issues to discuss
> here..thanks.

WTF are you talking about? Who died and made you king of the group? This
group is a valid location for any computer related questions, including
tech support. **** off.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
website: under construction
email/IM for rates/services

Thor

"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> (E-Mail Removed) (DontOutsourceMe) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:
>
> > This is not TECH SUPPORT..we have other important issues to discuss
> > here..thanks.
> >

> WTF are you talking about? Who died and made you king of the group? This
> group is a valid location for any computer related questions, including
> tech support. **** off.

It was crossposted to alt.computer.consultants. Undoubtedly the reply came
from one of those grouchy fellows. They regularly bitch and moan when
someone asks a technical question in that group. Their group is evidently
for discussing the *business* of consulting, not for tech support.

DeMoN LaG

"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> It was crossposted to alt.computer.consultants. Undoubtedly the reply
> came from one of those grouchy fellows. They regularly bitch and moan
> when someone asks a technical question in that group. Their group is
> evidently for discussing the *business* of consulting, not for tech
> support.

I didn't notice that. My bad.