Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > DVD Disc

DVD Disc

Warren Barr

Is it possible to buy blank DVDs bigger than 4.7 GB so you can fit DVD
movies with lots of extras on just one DVD WITHOUT losing any quality?

Robert Baer

Warren Barr wrote:

> Is it possible to buy blank DVDs bigger than 4.7 GB so you can fit DVD
> movies with lots of extras on just one DVD WITHOUT losing any quality?

No.

Thor

Not yet, but dual-layer recordables are not far off. Of course they will
require new DVD recorders capable of using them.

"Warren Barr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to buy blank DVDs bigger than 4.7 GB so you can fit DVD
> movies with lots of extras on just one DVD WITHOUT losing any quality?

Night_Seer

Thor wrote:
> Not yet, but dual-layer recordables are not far off. Of course they
> will require new DVD recorders capable of using them.
>

> ..
> "Warren Barr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is it possible to buy blank DVDs bigger than 4.7 GB so you can fit
>> DVD movies with lots of extras on just one DVD WITHOUT losing any
>> quality?

Your better off waiting for blue-ray or HD-DVD than buying one of
those...they are also just around the corner and blue ray holds about 26
GB I believe. Of course that means you can't play it in your DVD player

--
Night_Seer