Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > HP printer low ink shutdown. Help please.

HP printer low ink shutdown. Help please.

John Bates

Can someone please help with my printer problem.

I have a Hewlett Packard Desk Jet 930c.
What seems to be very often, the colour cartridge
causes a light to flash indicating that it needs ink.
When it does, I can't do anything except buy a new
cartridge. Is it possible to somehow immobilize the
colour and just use the black? as I can't afford to buy
anymore.
Does anyone know what sensing method is used to
shut the thing down? I would rather wreck the lot
trying than to buy any more at the price they are.

Many thanks in hope and anticipation.
John.

Duane Arnold

"John Bates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bpu0r7
$cti$(E-Mail Removed):

> Can someone please help with my printer problem.
>
> I have a Hewlett Packard Desk Jet 930c.
> What seems to be very often, the colour cartridge
> causes a light to flash indicating that it needs ink.
> When it does, I can't do anything except buy a new
> cartridge. Is it possible to somehow immobilize the
> colour and just use the black? as I can't afford to buy
> anymore.
> Does anyone know what sensing method is used to
> shut the thing down? I would rather wreck the lot
> trying than to buy any more at the price they are.
>
> Many thanks in hope and anticipation.
> John.

Not to be smart here, but put some tape over the light and don't print
anything in color. I don't know what would happen to the nozzel, but it
seems that you're willing tear it up anyway!

Duane

John Bates

"Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Xns943DE15C29776darnold92insightbbco@204.127. 204.17...
> "John Bates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bpu0r7
> $cti$(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > Can someone please help with my printer problem.
> >
> > I have a Hewlett Packard Desk Jet 930c.
> > What seems to be very often, the colour cartridge
> > causes a light to flash indicating that it needs ink.
> > When it does, I can't do anything except buy a new
> > cartridge. Is it possible to somehow immobilize the
> > colour and just use the black? as I can't afford to buy
> > anymore.
> > Does anyone know what sensing method is used to
> > shut the thing down? I would rather wreck the lot
> > trying than to buy any more at the price they are.
> >
> > Many thanks in hope and anticipation.
> > John.

> Not to be smart here, but put some tape over the light and don't print
> anything in color. I don't know what would happen to the nozzel, but it
> seems that you're willing tear it up anyway!
> Duane

***Thanks for suggesting something, but once the light is flashing
nothing sent from the PC is accepted by the printer.
John.

Thor

Try asking HP support.

"John Bates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpvor3$lhk$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:Xns943DE15C29776darnold92insightbbco@204.127. 204.17...
> > "John Bates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bpu0r7
> > $cti$(E-Mail Removed):
> >

> > > Can someone please help with my printer problem.
> > >
> > > I have a Hewlett Packard Desk Jet 930c.
> > > What seems to be very often, the colour cartridge
> > > causes a light to flash indicating that it needs ink.
> > > When it does, I can't do anything except buy a new
> > > cartridge. Is it possible to somehow immobilize the
> > > colour and just use the black? as I can't afford to buy
> > > anymore.
> > > Does anyone know what sensing method is used to
> > > shut the thing down? I would rather wreck the lot
> > > trying than to buy any more at the price they are.
> > >
> > > Many thanks in hope and anticipation.
> > > John.

> > Not to be smart here, but put some tape over the light and don't print
> > anything in color. I don't know what would happen to the nozzel, but it
> > seems that you're willing tear it up anyway!
> > Duane

> ***Thanks for suggesting something, but once the light is flashing
> nothing sent from the PC is accepted by the printer.
> John.

John Bates

"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try asking HP support.

***
*** I did, thank you, they say I need a new cartridge.
John.