Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Hard drive won't boot off of ATA 133 controller card

Hard drive won't boot off of ATA 133 controller card

dsr@Florence.edu

Got my new Syba 8212 ultra ATA133 controller card today. I plugged
the card in and rebooted my system with the onboard controller.
Windows 98 recognised the card and asked me for drivers. I located
the drivers on the supplied CD and the card was installed with no
problem.

After shutting the PC down I jumpered the hard drive to cable select
and connected it to the controller card. Rebooting into setup I
disabled the onboard IDE controller and tryed to boot from the new pci
controller card. The 8212 PCI card recognised the drive as drive 0 of
4 possible but then came up with the error message.

Resource conflict Allocation error static node # 0D

I have tried removing pci cards and changing the slots where the pci
controller card is located. I also removed some drivers from the
control panel and reinstalled the pci controller driver. Whenever I
plug the ATA 133 hard drive into the ATA 133 controller card I get the
same resource conflict error message. Anyone have any ideas? This
must be something simple I'm missing here.

clydeo

Hi Florence- go to Device Manager and see what it says. You get there
through the Control Panel|System applet. Open the Device Manager tab and
find your PCI controller by expanding the plus signs and see what it says.
You should first delete the onboard controller and reboot to see if Windows
will reinstall your PCI controller with the correct resources. Clydeo22

---