Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Computer to Stereo

Computer to Stereo

Warren Barr

What is the easiest and cheapest way to hook up my stereo to my
computer. I want to play all my mp3s from my hard drive through my big
speakers.

DeMoN LaG

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Warren Barr) wrote in news:15098-3FC055AA-33
@storefull-2231.public.lawson.webtv.net:

> What is the easiest and cheapest way to hook up my stereo to my
> computer. I want to play all my mp3s from my hard drive through my big
> speakers.

Get a cable (cablesnmor.com sells them) that converts a 3.5mm (ie, for
computers and headphones) jack into a set of RCA plugs (that typically
connect to a stereo). You'll be set.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Pepperoni

Quality will depend on the quality of your PC sound. If you have 5.1, it
should sound great. If not, maybe you can run the sound through your stereo
or tape player to gain some control over the quality. I always run my tv and
pc sound through my vcr because of better quality. Just run your PC
speaker output through your stereo input, adjust bass, treble, etc through
your stereo, and the big rat speakers hooked through the stereo. You may be
able to gain a little quality by adding a good sound card. (depends on what
you have and what you want)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...