Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > version of XP

version of XP

Barbara

Hello. I may be overlooking the obvious but how do I find out what version
of XPpro I am running? Thanks, Barbara

Oldus Fartus

Barbara wrote:

> Hello. I may be overlooking the obvious but how do I find out what version
> of XPpro I am running? Thanks, Barbara

Control Panel - System, will tell you which version of XP, and whether
you have SP1 installed.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Barbara

Thank you (I do have to admit your name scared me a bit {what can I expect
from "Oldus Fartus"] ). May I now ask what is SPI?. I accessed the system
information before but the people I am dealing with want something like "
version 4.2.7?". I have version 2002 but that is not acceptable to them.
Barbara

"Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpnnik$1ies$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Barbara wrote:
>
> > Hello. I may be overlooking the obvious but how do I find out what

version
> > of XPpro I am running? Thanks, Barbara
> >

> Control Panel - System, will tell you which version of XP, and whether
> you have SP1 installed.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Oldus Fartus

Oldus Fartus

Barbara wrote:

> Thank you (I do have to admit your name scared me a bit {what can I expect
> from "Oldus Fartus"] ). May I now ask what is SPI?. I accessed the system
> information before but the people I am dealing with want something like "
> version 4.2.7?". I have version 2002 but that is not acceptable to them.
> Barbara

Mine is a descriptive name Barbara!

SP1 is Service Pack 1 - the update to XP including security updates and
the like. A bug fix in other words.

The full windows version would be Microsoft Windows XP [Version
5.1.2600] Is this what they want? If you open a command prompt by
typing CMD in the window which opens by clicking the RUN button, Windows
will report it's version as above.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Barbara

Thank you Oldus Fartus :0) By jove I've done it (with your aid). Barbara

news:bpnsiv$1lb7$(E-Mail Removed)...

"
> > version 4.2.7?". I have version 2002 but that is not acceptable to

them.
> > Barbara
> >

> Mine is a descriptive name Barbara!
>
> SP1 is Service Pack 1 - the update to XP including security updates and
> the like. A bug fix in other words.
>
> The full windows version would be Microsoft Windows XP [Version
> 5.1.2600] Is this what they want? If you open a command prompt by
> typing CMD in the window which opens by clicking the RUN button, Windows
> will report it's version as above.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Oldus Fartus

joey jo jo

just look at the screen when it starts up. Does it say windows xp home
edition or windows xp professional

news:%fJvb.5076$(E-Mail Removed) ...