Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > generic ink epson C82?

generic ink epson C82?

Jethro Bodine

Hi,

I bought generic ink (from websourcesales)for an Epson C82 printer.
I've used generic before on an Epson Stylus and never had a problem.
However, the C82 will not work, will not accept the black ink cartridge.

Has anyone else had a problem? The cartridge is not identical to a
genuine Epson cartridge. An OEM cartridge locks into the carriage on both
the front and back. The replacement doesn't really latch in at all, it
just sort of sits in the carriage. That did raise a flag when I first
dropped it in but I still had hope that it would work. Another flag
should have been raised by the packaging - the box reads C70/C80 and then
there is a little sticker with C82 printed on it that someone cut out of a
printout and pasted so the box now reads C70/C80/C82.

To make matters worse, the vendor, who I have dealt with in the past
with no problem, has not returned my email inquiries or returned my phone
calls. Does anyone know if websourcesales is having problems?

Thanks