Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Why doesit cost so much $ ??

Why doesit cost so much $ ??

kc5cqa@yahoo.com

I would like to record a few programs that are on TV. Just
like a vcr does. why does it cost soo much to do that?
Isn't all I need is a tv turner card and video card? making
connections to a 'outside source' for signal????
I priced a 'boxed unit' today ,,,, 169$ . I think I am missing
something somewhere, help. cl.

DeMoN LaG

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Isn't all I need is a tv turner card and video card? making
> connections to a 'outside source' for signal????
> I priced a 'boxed unit' today ,,,, 169$ . I think I am missing
> something somewhere, help. cl.

I bought a ATI TV Wonder PCI for under $50 that comes with the card (can
capture Coax, Antenna, RCA and SVideo inputs), the software (basic but
usable), and instructions (which I've never looked at). You don't need
that boxed set

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)