Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Norton Anti Virus

Norton Anti Virus

tflfb

Norton 2003 Anti virus Windows XP home.

Norton won't advise me that updates are ready for download.

In options I have a check mark in Automatic Live Update "on ".

Thanks Tom

Roy@home.net

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:46:47 -0600, "tflfb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Norton 2003 Anti virus Windows XP home.
>

>Norton won't advise me that updates are ready for download.
>
>In options I have a check mark in Automatic Live Update "on ".
>
>Thanks Tom

Under Options - Live Update, you can choose whether to enable, apply
without interrupting, or notify when updates are available.

But my experience is that you are right. With my older version, I
could see my little Norton Icon in the system tray visually showing me
that an update is occurring. On my current version, I don't see that,
and it leaves me kind of queasy about whether it is really working.

So, every couple of days, I force an update just to be sure.

Roy - Carpe Noctem