Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Auto Typer

Auto Typer

Brad Petria

Hi,

I have a project that requires me to type the same character plus Enter,
Is there a program that I can set to automatically "type" the character and
Enter?
Thanks in advance, Brad

Tip for your old computer (reduce discard pollution too):

If you can't sell your old computer, don't throw it away. Use it to backup
your software by transferring files/folders from your new computer or laptop
to it. I transferred my Windows folder and other stuff to my old computer
using "PC Link", which I downloaded from www.simtel.net (cool site).

http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/52792.html (info or download)

bambam

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Brad Petria) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a project that requires me to type the same character plus
> Enter, in response to a prompt, over and over (about a couple
> thousand times). Is there a program that I can set to
> automatically "type" the character and Enter?

Not sure if this will do what you want or not-

AutoIt is a simple tool that can simulate key presses, mouse movements
and window commands (maximize, minimize, wait for, etc.) in order to
automate any windows based task (or even windowed DOS tasks).

http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/

--
Old telephone books make ideal personal address books.
Simply cross out the names and addresses of people you don't know.