Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: Data Vault in Irvine Ca

Re: Data Vault in Irvine Ca

Speevie

Hi Tim,

I know of a person who was scammed by this eBay seller. If you would
like to exchange information, please respond to this message, and we
can arrange to make contact. The person I know is currently pursuing
his legal options.

Thanks, and good luck.

Roy@home.net

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:11:33 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Speevie) wrote:

>Hi Tim,
>
>I know of a person who was scammed by this eBay seller. If you would
>like to exchange information, please respond to this message, and we
>can arrange to make contact. The person I know is currently pursuing
>his legal options.
>
>Thanks, and good luck.
>

>On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:52:47 GMT, "Tim"
><(E-Mail Removed)#s> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone else been screwed over by these people (E-Mail Removed) ?
>>They sold computers on eBay and never delivered the goods. I'm out $721.00.

Here's the drill.

Send various polite communications to the alleged seller. Keep a copy
of each and all responses. Don't get drawn into a ****ing match.

File with square deal, ebay, paypal, credit card. Study everybody's
complaint pages (if you can find them). Do your filings within the
respective time frames.

If ebay suspends the seller, it's a slam dunk. The credit card will
cover. Paypal will rule in your favor, but probably won't reimburse.
Also, paypal will send you an unhappy letter when the credit card
sucks back the money.

When my seller was suspended from ebay, I informed him that I was no
longer accepting his offer to ship and that I would refuse any
shipment - just send the $. The deal was necessarily contingent on him
being a ebay seller in good standing. And ebay supports this.

Roy - Carpe Noctem

Speevie

Hi Roy, thanks for offering up that advice, I'm sure it will help
somebody.

An attorney I know is currently trying to track down the individual
behind 'Datavault'. A mutual friend of ours paid with a MONEY ORDER
(sigh), never received his equipment, and is too nice to have realized
he was being ripped off. He had contact with the seller for weeks
after the auction ended, but got nothing but excuses and false
promises. By the time he realized the seller was not honest, the time
limit to make complaints to eBay had passed (or so I understand, I'm
not an eBay user myself).

Thanks again to anyone who can offer any information about the eBay
seller 'Datavault'.