Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > No Sound Help

No Sound Help

MrToad

"Iowa883" <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and shouted
news:bpd867$uj0$(E-Mail Removed):

> OK guys,
> I went to use the puter last night after my boy got done with it. Now
> I don't have any sounds for Media player or any system sounds like new
> mail etc.
> When I put in an audio cd, I do have music .
> Is there any settings he could have accidently pushed ? I was thinking
> maybe the sound card went out but if I still have music from audio
> cd's this probably isn't the case right ?
> Thanks,
> Iowa883

Did you check the advanced volume controls?
Maybe he turned down/muted the wav volume?

--
MrToad

Iowa883

OK guys,
I went to use the puter last night after my boy got done with it. Now I
don't have any sounds for Media player or any system sounds like new mail
etc.
When I put in an audio cd, I do have music .
Is there any settings he could have accidently pushed ? I was thinking maybe
the sound card went out but if I still have music from audio cd's this
probably isn't the case right ?
Thanks,
Iowa883

Iowa883

Thanks so much !
He had the wav volume slid all the way down.
Thanks,
Iowa883