Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > news.cis.dfn.de?

news.cis.dfn.de?

Kenny

Last few days every time I try to access a group via this server I get a
password and user name box. I have the correct name & password and have
changed nothing else but I can't get past this box. Have checked FAQ's etc.
on news.cis.dfn.de website but can't resolve this. Can anyone suggest why
this is happening?

--

Kenny

Pepperoni

Occasionally CIS does have minor short term problems. A couple months ago it
was about changing the physical location of the servers. Sometimes, virus
activity will hit DNS or servers and foul up propagation or access. Be
aware that servers must be updated and rebooted occasionally; most do this
between 6-8 am local time, and this may be the cause---even if it is 6 or 8
pm in your location.

CIS is apparently changing the names of their service, but they say it
shouldn't affect older subscribers, as both will run simultaneously. Info
on this name change is here:
http://news.cis.dfn.de/namechange-en.html

CIS is the best available so long as you behave yourself and don't crave
binaries. Also be aware that CIS will not allow access if you try to load a
bogus "from" addy. They check and consistently deny assess to post for this
reason. For example---- if http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) does not return a live ping,
you would be denied entry. This is stressed in the FAQ.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...