Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > running two clients

running two clients

john

could anyone tell me how to run two clients of the same program, one
easy example is a game i play, i have two accounts and would like to
log both in but when i start one up and log in i click on the icon
again, and it starts up but instead of going to the sign in it sees
the first client running and thinks that that counts and doesnt start
up another one, how can i fix this?

DeMoN LaG

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (john) wrote in news:e729b633.0311142343.51a68192
@posting.google.com:

> could anyone tell me how to run two clients of the same program, one
> easy example is a game i play, i have two accounts and would like to
> log both in but when i start one up and log in i click on the icon
> again, and it starts up but instead of going to the sign in it sees
> the first client running and thinks that that counts and doesnt start
> up another one, how can i fix this?

Not easily. Those programs are designed to launch, and if they find
another copy running they will simply tell that copy to un-minimize/raise
to the front and exit themselves.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Flagg

what program are you trying to run?
"john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> could anyone tell me how to run two clients of the same program, one
> easy example is a game i play, i have two accounts and would like to
> log both in but when i start one up and log in i click on the icon
> again, and it starts up but instead of going to the sign in it sees
> the first client running and thinks that that counts and doesnt start
> up another one, how can i fix this?

Duane Arnold

"Flagg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:WAKtb.214251$Fm2.207328
@attbi_s04:

> what program are you trying to run?
> "john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> could anyone tell me how to run two clients of the same program, one
>> easy example is a game i play, i have two accounts and would like to
>> log both in but when i start one up and log in i click on the icon
>> again, and it starts up but instead of going to the sign in it sees
>> the first client running and thinks that that counts and doesnt start
>> up another one, how can i fix this?

This cannot be fixed, because the program has logic in it that looks to see
if the program is already running. If the program starts and see that it's
already running, then it will terminate itself. Some programs don't allow
themselves to be started more than one time due to program corruption of
resources along with other factors, when running multiple occurrences of
the program.

Duane