Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > printer reccommends?

printer reccommends?

dennis

Hello all,
I have a client I am trying to figure out what kind of printer to reccomend.
They will probably be printing about 1000 pages a month and photo quality
isn't a concern. I will also probably share the printer between 2 or three
users.

what I would like to see is:

>20ppm in b/w

seperate ink tanks
fairly large paper tray like maybe 100 - 200 sheets
duplex printing

right now I am leaning toward the HP1100D. Any comments on this one or
other?

tia
Dennis Meissner

Chet

Do they need color? if not, recommend laser which would be cheaper to
operate with that kind of print volume.
"dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bp3ovs$4h2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
> I have a client I am trying to figure out what kind of printer to

reccomend.
> They will probably be printing about 1000 pages a month and photo quality
> isn't a concern. I will also probably share the printer between 2 or

three
> users.
>
> what I would like to see is:
>
> >20ppm in b/w

> seperate ink tanks
> fairly large paper tray like maybe 100 - 200 sheets
> duplex printing
>
> right now I am leaning toward the HP1100D. Any comments on this one or
> other?
>
> tia
> Dennis Meissner

Hoffman

The HP Business inkjets are a good choice. For inkjets, they are reasonable
to operate and solidly built. The 1100D would be a good choice.
A laser would, as Chet mentioned, be less expensive to run if they don't
require colour printing.
Larry

"Chet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Do they need color? if not, recommend laser which would be cheaper to
> operate with that kind of print volume.
> "dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bp3ovs$4h2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello all,
> > I have a client I am trying to figure out what kind of printer to

> reccomend.
> > They will probably be printing about 1000 pages a month and photo

quality
> > isn't a concern. I will also probably share the printer between 2 or

> three
> > users.
> >
> > what I would like to see is:
> >
> > >20ppm in b/w

> > seperate ink tanks
> > fairly large paper tray like maybe 100 - 200 sheets
> > duplex printing
> >
> > right now I am leaning toward the HP1100D. Any comments on this one or
> > other?
> >
> > tia
> > Dennis Meissner

Thor

Go laser if he's printing that much. Inkjet would be a waste of money for
that kind of volume.

"dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bp3ovs$4h2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
> I have a client I am trying to figure out what kind of printer to

reccomend.
> They will probably be printing about 1000 pages a month and photo quality
> isn't a concern. I will also probably share the printer between 2 or

three
> users.
>
> what I would like to see is:
>
> >20ppm in b/w

> seperate ink tanks
> fairly large paper tray like maybe 100 - 200 sheets
> duplex printing
>
> right now I am leaning toward the HP1100D. Any comments on this one or
> other?
>
> tia
> Dennis Meissner

caveat lector - reader beware

>From: "dennis" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>Newsgroups: alt.computer
>Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:37:31 -0800

>Hello all,
>I have a client I am trying to figure out what kind of printer to reccomend.
>They will probably be printing about 1000 pages a month and photo quality
>isn't a concern. I will also probably share the printer between 2 or three
>users.
>
>what I would like to see is:
>
>>20ppm in b/w

>seperate ink tanks
>fairly large paper tray like maybe 100 - 200 sheets
>duplex printing
>
>right now I am leaning toward the HP1100D. Any comments on this one or
>other?
>
>tia
>Dennis Meissner

hp LaserJet 3300mfp
• 15 ppm black
• monthly volume: 10,000 pages
• Color, flatbed and sheetfed scanner (sheetfed optional on 3300mfp)
• adf: Standard, 50 sheets (optional on 3300mfp)
A LaserJet mfp providing reliable printing, copying, color scanning, and
faxing (3330 mfp only).

$500.

- -- - -- - --
-- - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -- --
- -- - - - -- - -- - -- -- -- -- - -- -
--
Necessity is the Mother of invention.

I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

caveat lector - reader beware

>From: (E-Mail Removed)pAmNot ( caveat lector - reader beware)
>Newsgroups: alt.computer
>Date: 15 Nov 2003 08:46:57 GMT

> hp LaserJet 3300mfp
>• 15 ppm black
>• monthly volume: 10,000 pages

Oh yeah! I'll toss this in.

"http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=869881"

Item # 869881
Manufacturer #
manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
model name C7115X
color black
quantity 1
print technology laser
maximum yield 3,500 pages
type toner cartridge
remanufactured no
minority vendor n/a
869881
Reg. Price: $111.00 / Discounted: $81.99

So, if your client needs 1,000 pages/month, this one will last 3 months and
client will spend about $400/year on toner.

Paper:
Item Number // List Price // Our Price // Units // Availability ///
251668 // $84.99 // $38.54 // case // In Stock ///
Hewlett-Packard Multipurpose Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", 20 Lb., 92 Brightness, Case
Of 10 Reams (500 pages per ream = 5,000 pages per case)

Figuring a case every 6-months at $43 per case, so $85 per year.

So, the machine will use about, $500 in consumables per year. Averaging
$.05/page (rounded up)

They may be able to cust costs, and
I advise all customers to consider the local print shops for things, like
forms, where they will need quantities of 1,000+.

An order of 10,000 can be a bargain.