Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Viewsonic A90f+

Viewsonic A90f+

Roy@home.net

I just got one of these. I am used to a trinitron-type monitor..

This monitor feels strange. I can fix the geometry, but somehow the
contrast, brightness, etc feels strange.

The center part of the screen seems redder than the edges, which are
more blue.

Some parts seem more in focus than others, but this might be related
to warm up.

Something about it all seems very flat.

Any tips for the settings? Right now contrast is at max. Brightness is
about 1/3. I keep switching from regular to bright mode. Both feel
strange. I have tried 9000k (too blue). Right now I'm at 6500.

The print on the screen feels gray, not black. The white page feels
red and blue, not white.

If you use the same monitor, would you mind looking at your various
settings and sending me notes on same?

This is all complicated by my old eyes and multiple sets of glasses
for different distances.

I sure miss my sony trinitron.

Roy - Carpe Noctem