Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > ip phone things

ip phone things

Lenny

Hello,
How do those IP phones work, for example the "Cisco IP Phone"? Do they
simply plug into any data jack on a corporate network, and then dial an IP
address of another phone? What do I need besides the phones, and about how
much does all this stuff cost?

Lenny

Justin Olanin

What kind of connection speed do you have? There is also quality issues
with different speeds..

--
Justin Olanin
Email - http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

derek / nul

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:50:36 -0500, "Lenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>How do those IP phones work, for example the "Cisco IP Phone"? Do they
>simply plug into any data jack on a corporate network, and then dial an IP
>address of another phone? What do I need besides the phones, and about how
>much does all this stuff cost?

A google search reveals this

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/tlhw/

Lenny