Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > downloading and saving streaming video

downloading and saving streaming video

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

I would like to download and save as an avi file or whatever a
streaming video of a parade. My cousin's daughter was homecoming
queen and I would like to be able to email him a video clip of her
part in the parade. The two formats that the streaming video are
available in is Quicktime and Real Player. Would the registered
version of either one of these software packages allow me to do what I
want? Is there any software capable of doing what I want?

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
Lubbock, Texas
kinserlow at hotmail dot com

Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:30:06 -0600, Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like to download and save as an avi file or whatever a
>streaming video of a parade. My cousin's daughter was homecoming
>queen and I would like to be able to email him a video clip of her
>part in the parade. The two formats that the streaming video are
>available in is Quicktime and Real Player. Would the registered
>version of either one of these software packages allow me to do what I
>want? Is there any software capable of doing what I want?

By way of answering my own question, I will tell you how I resolved
this problem. I used a program called SnagIt 7 to capture the
Quicktime streaming video for about 3 minutes as a avi file. This was
a humongous file so I used Aviedit to cut it down to 45 seconds and
converted it to mpg with Avi to Mpg Converter. This final stage
pasted a "unregistered" in the upper left hand part of the video.
Since I am a cheapskate and this will probably be the last time I want
to do this, I can live with that. The final file was 8 to 9MB, still
too big to send by email. I uploaded the file to my personal webspace
at www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow where I will distribute it to
friends and relatives. If you are interested in seeing the final
product, feel free to download it. You may have to wait a day or so
to access it since I have just activated my personal webspace.