Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > codecs

codecs

MrToad

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and shouted
news:y_9rb.1$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi
> Anyone know of software that will seek out and list the video codecs i
> have installed on my h/d.
> thnx
> jim

Use the windows built-in system utility, [found under system tools], look
under "Components; Audio Codecs & Video Codecs.

--
MrToad

jim

Hi
Anyone know of software that will seek out and list the video codecs i have
installed on my h/d.
thnx
jim

Michael-NC

It's in system information, under components.

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsanrb.1703$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you Toady
> I may be thick as two short planks but where do I find that info!...I have
> XP pro.
> "MrToad" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
> > "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and shouted
> > news:y_9rb.1$(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> > > Hi
> > > Anyone know of software that will seek out and list the video codecs i
> > > have installed on my h/d.
> > > thnx
> > > jim
> > >

> > Use the windows built-in system utility, [found under system tools],

look
> > under "Components; Audio Codecs & Video Codecs.
> >
> > --
> > MrToad

WebWalker

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 17:45:48 -0800, "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>Anyone know of software that will seek out and list the video codecs i have
>installed on my h/d.
>thnx

Goto Control Panel > Multimedia > Devices (tab)

Check "Video Compression Codecs" from the list.

--
WebWalker
PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279

jim

Thank you Toady
I may be thick as two short planks but where do I find that info!...I have
XP pro.
"MrToad" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and shouted
> news:y_9rb.1$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hi
> > Anyone know of software that will seek out and list the video codecs i
> > have installed on my h/d.
> > thnx
> > jim
> >

> Use the windows built-in system utility, [found under system tools], look
> under "Components; Audio Codecs & Video Codecs.
>
> --
> MrToad

MrToad

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and shouted
newsanrb.1703$(E-Mail Removed):

> Thank you Toady
> I may be thick as two short planks but where do I find that info!...I
> have XP pro.

Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System
Information.
Under the "Components" section, sub catagory; "Multimedia".

--
MrToad
]

jim

thnx all,
i checked the list and the most upto date codec is my mpeg 4.
however there is no mention of a specific avi filter. do i need one?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...