Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Sharing CD rom

Sharing CD rom

Gary Glencross

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a wireless network, but I can't install the drivers and
set up the card on my older Win98SE machine because the CD-Rom doesn't work.

Is there any way I can connect it to my laptop via USB or another method and
use that CD -ROM to put the files onto the older machine?

Thanks in advance,

Gary

DH

"Gary Glencross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:boc4ke$hk3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a wireless network, but I can't install the drivers

and
> set up the card on my older Win98SE machine because the CD-Rom doesn't

work.

> Is there any way I can connect it to my laptop via USB or another method

and
> use that CD -ROM to put the files onto the older machine?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gary

An easier way may be to go to the website of the card manufacturer and
download the most recent drivers.

There are many alternatives; parallel to parallel, usb to usb, .... but the
simplest is probably (assuming that you have network cards in both boxes) a
cross-over cable between the nics.

If you need further instructions on how to setup a network, repost.

HIH,

Dave H.

Jerry G.

There are many options. The best is to put a network card in each machine,
and use a peer-to-peer cable if there is no router, hub, or switch
involved. Set the networking for NetBUI, to keep it simple. The Work Group
names have to be the same, and the names of the machines have to be
different.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Gary Glencross" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:boc4ke$hk3$(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a wireless network, but I can't install the drivers and
set up the card on my older Win98SE machine because the CD-Rom doesn't work.

Is there any way I can connect it to my laptop via USB or another method and
use that CD -ROM to put the files onto the older machine?

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Neil Green

Easiest, cheapest solution is to buy a CDROM drive!
Neil
news:bodusl$rou$(E-Mail Removed)...