Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > annoying MS mail

annoying MS mail

Robert Baer

milo wrote:

> down load a program called mail washer, or mail washer pro
> u can open your email first off the server
> and download the ones u want to view.
>
> milo
>
> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:zUaqb.10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have received 28 emails all containing a cumulative patch fixing known
> > vunerabilities for IE.
> > All from different sources. All containing the same text and accompanying
> > MS graphic.
> > Why would I receive this mail 28 times (and counting). Is it safe to

> instal
> > the patch.
> > Just the fact that i have received the same mail so many times makes me
> > suspicious.
> > ta much
> > jim

Be as that may, *NEVER* (that means -->NEVER<--) view unknown
attachments from un-known sources!

Linsy

I have received those emails too. They are viruses. MS never sends patches
or programs by email. My Anti-Virus catches them every time so far.

Linsy
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:00:10 -0800, "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >I have received 28 emails all containing a cumulative patch fixing known
> >vunerabilities for IE.
> >All from different sources. All containing the same text and

accompanying
> >MS graphic.
> >Why would I receive this mail 28 times (and counting). Is it safe to

instal
> >the patch.
> >Just the fact that i have received the same mail so many times makes me
> >suspicious.
> >ta much
> >jim
> >

> It's a virus.
>
> Roy - Carpe Noctem

annoying SP2 wireless problem =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?= Wireless Networking 1 08-16-2004 10:16 PM
Annoying Bug Repo Man Firefox 7 09-25-2003 10:55 PM
Annoying Mail Notification NiGi aka BLiCK Computer Support 2 09-12-2003 11:08 AM
seriously ANNOYING problems with Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1 Astromannix Firefox 1 08-13-2003 09:03 AM
Annoying Mail message box Steve Firefox 2 08-05-2003 05:53 PM

Advertisments