Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Strange Problem

Strange Problem

Corinne

I just installed Netscape 7.1.

I love it, and everything works fine except for the newsgroups.

I subscribe to a newsgroup, and can read/compose. The maddening part is
that every time I once again enter a newsgroup, it asks me if I want to
subscribe.

Does anyone know how I can correct this?

Many thanks in advance.

Corinne

Roy@home.net

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 06:15:37 GMT, Corinne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just installed Netscape 7.1.
>
>I love it, and everything works fine except for the newsgroups.
>
>I subscribe to a newsgroup, and can read/compose. The maddening part is
>that every time I once again enter a newsgroup, it asks me if I want to
>subscribe.
>
>Does anyone know how I can correct this?
>
>Many thanks in advance.
>
>Corinne

Corinne,

I don't know how to solve your problem. I use netscape for e-mail and
the web, but I like Free Agent from forteinc.com for newsgroups. Yes,
free!

Roy - Carpe Noctem

DeMoN LaG

Corinne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dA0qb.251$ss.6694
@bcandid.telisphere.com:

> Does anyone know how I can correct this?

Netscape 7 is not a good newsclient and is hounded by issues like this.
Other than trying a more recent version of Mozilla from Mozilla.org (which
Netscape is a branded version of), or the standalone Thunderbird (again,
from Mozilla.org), I don't have any suggestions for you

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Professor

It might be part of the program. OE always asks that question when you enter
a new newsgroup and when you leave you are asked if you want to subscribe.
news:dA0qb.251$(E-Mail Removed)...