Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Question: FSB and DDR memory

Question: FSB and DDR memory

Mark

I've installed an AMD 2500+ 333FSB Barton CPU into my MSI KT4V mobo.

My Ram is only DDR266.

Can I run my CPU at a lower FSB until I upgrade my memory? Will there be any
harm in this? What should I run my CPU at?

Night_Seer

Mark wrote:
> I've installed an AMD 2500+ 333FSB Barton CPU into my MSI KT4V mobo.
>
> My Ram is only DDR266.
>
> Can I run my CPU at a lower FSB until I upgrade my memory? Will there
> be any harm in this? What should I run my CPU at?

It will be ok, you'll just have a lower FSB speed is all.

--
Night_Seer

Mark

Thanks. I suppose that we lower the overall performance of the CPU as well?
I noticed that XP reports it as a 2200+

news:(E-Mail Removed)...