Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > outlook express 6 news group problems

outlook express 6 news group problems

tflfb

I was trying to figure out why it took longer than usual to view newsgroups
( the hour glass was there ) when I clicked on a group, for a longer time
than usual.

So I went to outlook> tools> options> and clicked clean up now.

After that I could not view any messages they were blank, or I would get a
error that said unable to connect to server, or cannot locate server.
800ccc0e, or 800cccod

What did I do wrong?

I did a system restore to an earlier date and thought I had the problem
reversed, this morning I was getting error codes, same as above, so I
removed news groups re-booted, re-configured news groups and I am back in
business.

I still get the unable to connect error

Thanks Tom

tflfb

I think I found the problem in control panel > network connections, what
caused the problem I don't know.

Tom

"tflfb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fRapb.1392$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was trying to figure out why it took longer than usual to view

newsgroups
> ( the hour glass was there ) when I clicked on a group, for a longer time
> than usual.
>
> So I went to outlook> tools> options> and clicked clean up now.
>
> After that I could not view any messages they were blank, or I would get a
> error that said unable to connect to server, or cannot locate server.
> 800ccc0e, or 800cccod
>
> What did I do wrong?
>
> I did a system restore to an earlier date and thought I had the problem
> reversed, this morning I was getting error codes, same as above, so I
> removed news groups re-booted, re-configured news groups and I am back in
> business.
>
> I still get the unable to connect error
>
> Thanks Tom

tflfb

Is anyone else seeing an error message that unablethem to connect toO/E
newsgroups?

The error message says unable to connect> details 800ccc0e.

Thought I had this figured out, but when I attempted to view a news group I
got the above error message, then I tried again and connected.

Useing a dial up DSL modem( Intel 3200) never had problems in the pass.

Thanks Tom