Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Fdisk problems

Fdisk problems

jillb

Hi
Could someone help me with a acer veriton 5600g it has 2 partitions on it
and when I fdisk it lets me
delete the primary but not the ext as it says it still has a logical how can
I do this.

Thanks for any help

Jab

HF

Go to www.computerhope.com and read all about Fdisk and all will become
clear

"jillb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fa4ad6c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Could someone help me with a acer veriton 5600g it has 2 partitions on it
> and when I fdisk it lets me
> delete the primary but not the ext as it says it still has a logical how

can
> I do this.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Jab

Kenny

Partitions should be deleted in reverse order with FDISK.

--

Kenny

"jillb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fa4ad6c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Could someone help me with a acer veriton 5600g it has 2 partitions on it
> and when I fdisk it lets me
> delete the primary but not the ext as it says it still has a logical how

can
> I do this.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Jab

Plato

jillb wrote:

> Could someone help me with a acer veriton 5600g it has 2 partitions on it
> and when I fdisk it lets me
> delete the primary but not the ext as it says it still has a logical how can
> I do this.

Delete the logical in the extended first, then you can delete the
extended.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Ardent

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 18:08:24 +1100, "jillb" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Could someone help me with a acer veriton 5600g it has 2 partitions on it
>and when I fdisk it lets me
>delete the primary but not the ext as it says it still has a logical how can
>I do this.

I believe that you want to clear all partition information on the disk
to start anew.

Use slate.com that will remove all partition information and make the
disk as it was unpartitioned in the beginning. (Note: The data is
still there and Slate has a recovery option too).

--
Sandy Archer
Reply to newsgroup only

For links to Harddisk management freeware
http:/members.tripod.com/~diligent/harddisk.htm