Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > MSI KT6 Delta

MSI KT6 Delta

Mr. Majestik

After poking around some, and reading reviews, I'm torn between 2
mobos........The Biostar with nForce2 Chipset and the MSI Delta with KT600
chipset. Both have the features I need and I'll be running a 2500Barton.

I"ve heard the horror stories of memory issues with the NForce boards and
also some probs not using WinXP. (sound, drivers, etc.). I'm not wanting a
political discussion, but does anyone have a preference? I had an Asus
non-deluxe, but sold it without using it..........

This is for a general use box, no heavy apps..........

Thanks!

MM

Mr. Majestik

Mr. Majestik <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> After poking around some, and reading reviews, I'm torn between 2
> mobos........The Biostar with nForce2 Chipset and the MSI Delta with KT600
> chipset

not one to wait around, I went ahead and ordered my case
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...atalog=7&manuf
actory=1516&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

It's the Antec SLK3700 BQE (Black, Quiet, xx). Should go with my black
drives ok. The selling point was the better quality PSU and the new real
black color. Plus DeMon's recommendation!

Another question before I order a video card. I'm leaning to a MSI FX5600
with remote. It's about $160 at newegg. Any opinions before I jump??

I went ahead and got the MSI mobo too.............and a 120mm Stealth intake
for the new case. (free baseball cap!)

Trent©

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 21:34:07 GMT, "Mr. Majestik" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>After poking around some, and reading reviews, I'm torn between 2
>mobos........The Biostar with nForce2 Chipset and the MSI Delta with KT600
>chipset. Both have the features I need and I'll be running a 2500Barton.
>
>I"ve heard the horror stories of memory issues with the NForce boards and
>also some probs not using WinXP. (sound, drivers, etc.). I'm not wanting a
>political discussion, but does anyone have a preference? I had an Asus
>non-deluxe, but sold it without using it..........
>
>This is for a general use box, no heavy apps..........
>
>Thanks!
>
>MM

I've had more DOA's with MSI than with any other board. I haven't
installed one in quite a while...so maybe they've come around by now.

I've used Biostar's often...without any problem.

My favorite right now is Gigabyte. But most boards...except for
one!...are very dependable.

Have a nice week...

Trent

MSI K7N2- Delta and USB Ports not Working sauber Computer Support 5 08-15-2008 11:11 AM
delta cycle?? (delta delay) srikanth.padava VHDL 0 02-28-2008 09:01 AM
msi kt6 board Tim A+ Certification 2 11-04-2003 08:04 PM
delta delay.. Ramakrishnan VHDL 4 09-23-2003 06:09 PM
Delta Count Overflow in Simulation Isaac VHDL 2 08-18-2003 09:57 AM

Advertisments