Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Laplink III

Laplink III

Richard O'Keefe

I'm trying to help a friend retrieve data from an XT computer that has
no working floppy drives. For testing purposes, I have made a null
modem cable and connected it to two of my computers, one a P2 and one
a P3. Both use operating systems Win 98 SE. With Laplink III on
both computers I am able to transfer files. When I try to install
Laplink remotely, which is what my friend will have to do, I get the
error message, "Your program caused a divide overflow error." What
does that Mean?

My friend will be using a 486 to retrieve data from the XT. Will he
be getting the same errors?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions,
Richard