Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Interesting development with NewEgg.com

Interesting development with NewEgg.com

DeMoN LaG

Newegg.com now has presence in New Jersey (Not just City of Industry CA).
They apparently bought a building as a new distribution center in NJ.
Wonder if I'll be lucky enough that all the stuff I buy will /ship/ from
New Jersey, meaning I could pay FedEx Saver (which is often free) and get
next day delivery...

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Adam Steiner

"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> Newegg.com now has presence in New Jersey (Not just City of Industry CA).
> They apparently bought a building as a new distribution center in NJ.
> Wonder if I'll be lucky enough that all the stuff I buy will /ship/ from
> New Jersey, meaning I could pay FedEx Saver (which is often free) and get
> next day delivery...

That's great, I'm in NYC and it would be great if I didn't have to wait for
things to drive cross-country. Definitley a time saver. I just hope they
don't get a distribution center in NY too, I'd hate to have to pay over 8%
in sales tax.

--Adam

Adam Steiner

"Mr. Majestik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote in message

> > Wonder if I'll be lucky enough that all the stuff I buy will /ship/ from
> > New Jersey, meaning I could pay FedEx Saver (which is often free) and

get
> > next day delivery...
> >

> Yeah, and pay the sales tax, too.

No sales tax in Joisey. That's why all of us New Yawkas drive across the
border . Unless they changed it recently.

Mr. Majestik

DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote in message news:Xns9425130E5DF05Wobbly@216.168.3.30...
> Wonder if I'll be lucky enough that all the stuff I buy will /ship/ from
> New Jersey, meaning I could pay FedEx Saver (which is often free) and get
> next day delivery...

Yeah, and pay the sales tax, too.

DeMoN LaG

"Adam Steiner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com:

> No sales tax in Joisey. That's why all of us New Yawkas drive across the
> border . Unless they changed it recently.

Since when is there no sales tax in jersey? I've lived here my entire life
(20+ years) and as far back as I can remember we've always had a 6% sales
tax.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
website: under construction
email/IM for rates/services

DeMoN LaG

"Mr. Majestik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:vq42q8fbls7e30
@corp.supernews.com:

> Yeah, and pay the sales tax, too.

Sales tax is not an optional thing. If you buy stuff online and don't pay
sales tax when you buy it, you are /supposed/ to state this on your state
income tax return (at least that's what I read from 2002's NJ State tax
forms).

--

Roy@home.net

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:04:18 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

>"Mr. Majestik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:vq42q8fbls7e30
>@corp.supernews.com:
>
>> Yeah, and pay the sales tax, too.

>Sales tax is not an optional thing. If you buy stuff online and don't pay
>sales tax when you buy it, you are /supposed/ to state this on your state
>income tax return (at least that's what I read from 2002's NJ State tax
>forms).

This internet sales tax free ride will eventually end. At some point
the states will collectively decide to collect sales taxes at point of
sale, not point of purchase.

Roy - Carpe Noctem

DeMoN LaG

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> This internet sales tax free ride will eventually end. At some point
> the states will collectively decide to collect sales taxes at point of
> sale, not point of purchase.

Yes. As I said, NJ residents are already supposed to note how much stuff
they bought tax free on the internet on their tax returns. This whole
country should do away with state based sales tax at some point and make a
flat rate across the country. Yes, this does have issues, but it also lets
one company (like newegg) not have a headache of deciding who gets taxed
and who doesn't and how much the tax is and stuff.

--

DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote in message news:Xns94251F4F3E049Wobbly@216.168.3.30...
> Sales tax is not an optional thing. If you buy stuff online and don't pay
> sales tax when you buy it, you are /supposed/ to state this on your state
> income tax return (at least that's what I read from 2002's NJ State tax
> forms).

That's up to you as I don't live in NJ. I believe my state also requires it,
but it's up to them to collect. If I buy something out of state I refuse to
do business with a company that charges me sales tax. It's theft, pure and
simple. Think of this.........As long as you don't pay sales tax when buying
out of state, it prevents YOUR state from getting carried away........like
raising it to 15% or something. (as in Europe's FAT). Think hard before you
comply with your state's scam.

Calvin Crumrine

Mr. Majestik wrote:
> DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote in message news:Xns94251F4F3E049Wobbly@216.168.3.30...
>
>>Sales tax is not an optional thing. If you buy stuff online and don't pay
>>sales tax when you buy it, you are /supposed/ to state this on your state
>>income tax return (at least that's what I read from 2002's NJ State tax
>>forms).
>>

> That's up to you as I don't live in NJ. I believe my state also requires it,
> but it's up to them to collect. If I buy something out of state I refuse to
> do business with a company that charges me sales tax. It's theft, pure and
> simple. Think of this.........As long as you don't pay sales tax when buying
> out of state, it prevents YOUR state from getting carried away........like
> raising it to 15% or something. (as in Europe's FAT). Think hard before you
> comply with your state's scam.

Think twice as hard before breaking your state's law.

One of the best things about the US Income Tax system is that it mostly
works on the honor principle. AFAIK all the state income tax systems
work similarly. The more dishonorable people there are in the US the
less well these systems work. When they fall far enough they'll be
replaced with one that I think I can *guarantee* will be less pleasant,
both for you & for everybody else.

Think *real* hard before destroying a system that mostly leaves it up to
you what you report.