Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > XP password

XP password

BJH

HI all not sure if approp. group. My friend installed XP and forgot his PW,
is there a way to recover this. I remember someone telling me of a program
a few years ago just cant remember it.

Thor

he should try booting to safe mode, and choose the administrator account
(which is normally hidden in normal mode) which unless he also set an
administrator password when he loaded XP, should allow him in, and then
remove his user account password.

"BJH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> HI all not sure if approp. group. My friend installed XP and forgot his

PW,
> is there a way to recover this. I remember someone telling me of a

program
> a few years ago just cant remember it.

caveat lector - reader beware

>From: "BJH" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>Newsgroups: alt.computer
>Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:09:13 GMT
>
>HI all not sure if approp. group. My friend installed XP and forgot his PW,
>is there a way to recover this. I remember someone telling me of a program
>a few years ago just cant remember it.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1036438472

--
Necessity is the Mother of invention.

I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.