Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > what's wrong with my AMD box?

what's wrong with my AMD box?

Peter

Hi all,
I installed winXP in my new 2500+ with Gigabyte GA-7N400, it runs
very sweetly. Just with two problems though. When I do high speed
transportation with lan (both ADSL or inhouse), I encounter some short
pauses to the system occasionally, the whole computer got frozen for a
second or so. What exactly can it be?
Secondly, when it's playing mp3, I can't do graphic works in the
foreground like dragging the scroll bar, otherwise there will be a lot
of noises come with the music. I experience the same thing with my old
Althon system, why? Is it AMD has something wrong in sound system?
My system has these:
XP 2500+
Gigabyte GA-7N400
512MB SAMSUNG PC3200
Winfast A340TDH 128Mb
IBM UMA100 120GB with 8Mb cache

Any one?

DeMoN LaG

Peter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Is it AMD has something wrong in sound system?
> My system has these:

Your network problem is caused by either porrly written drivers or not
updated drivers. Make sure to get both the drivers for your LAN card and
drivers for your motherboard's chipset. Your sound problem is probably
becase either motherboard chipset drivers or you are using a crappy onboard
sound system that is picking up interference from inside the system.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

Rv!

| Secondly, when it's playing mp3, I can't do graphic works in the
| foreground like dragging the scroll bar, otherwise there will be a lot
| of noises come with the music.

| My system has these:
| XP 2500+
| Gigabyte GA-7N400
| 512MB SAMSUNG PC3200
| Winfast A340TDH 128Mb
| IBM UMA100 120GB with 8Mb cache
|
| Any one?

Yes, Just read this one.
I have ...
XP 2600+
Gigabyte GA-7N400
512MB Twinmos PC2700
blah blah...
Anyway the noise from the sound card was caused by the TV signal being un-muted
in the audio control on mine. Bring up the advanced settings on the play audio and
mute that bugger and the noise goes away. I nearly had the board back to the dealer
before I spotted that one. I reported this problem back to the group about a month or so ago.

Let us know if it works!

Robertv!