Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Little problem

Little problem

Thor

If you happen to have two RAM modules in that machine, try removing 1 at a
time, and see if the behavior changes.

"Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3Ffnb.3407$(E-Mail Removed)...
> 98 se
> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > what version of windows?
> >

> > "Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:yA%mb.1219$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have a inconvenient problem. I have a p3 800 celeron sound and video
> > > onboard 256 pc133. For no reason whatsoever it resets. temperature and

> > power
> > > are ok. I can always recreate the problem by installing kazaa it

> restarts
> > > before its finished, I suspect ram but i have none to try,other

> computers
> > > are DDR. Just wanted to see if any one has had this problem before i

buy
> > > ram.
> > > TIA

Brad

nah only one

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you happen to have two RAM modules in that machine, try removing 1 at a
> time, and see if the behavior changes.
>

> ..
> "Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3Ffnb.3407$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > 98 se
> > "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > what version of windows?
> > >

> > > "Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:yA%mb.1219$(E-Mail Removed)...

video

and
> > > power

> > restarts

> > computers

> buy

Thor

Then try some memory test software like Memtest86 (free) or Qualitas Ramexam
(not free, but damn good). Only rely on memory testing software that runs
it's tests through DOS, not windows. Both of the above do. Put it on a
bootable diskette, boot the computer to the floppy disk, and run the test
from the command-line.

"Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LoGnb.6028$(E-Mail Removed)...
> nah only one
>
> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > If you happen to have two RAM modules in that machine, try removing 1 at

> > time, and see if the behavior changes.
> >

> > ..
> > "Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:3Ffnb.3407$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > 98 se
> > > "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> video

> and
> > > restarts
> > > computers

> > buy

Brad

thank for the info ill look at it when i have some time
news:(E-Mail Removed)...