Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dial up delay IE5.5 & 6

Dial up delay IE5.5 & 6

Alan

Can anyone suggest why a system takes up too 25 seconds to launch the dialup
connection in IE5.5 and 6. In six the check for security of share folders
isn't checked off. That I could see would cause a delay. Outlook Express
will launch dialup instantly. What could have caused this to change? Content
advisor is off, internet security is default normal. Win98SE TIA Alan

Wizard

Trouble finding the modem.
Try booting to safe mode and then go to device manager and look in the
modem list. If there is more than one modem listed then delete/remove
them ALL reboot and reinstall the modem.