Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Easy Creator 5 Problem

Easy Creator 5 Problem

deeringmortespam@mindspring.com

I recently got the above installed on my PC. I'm running this
program on a P2 computer with a main 4 GB drive, and a secondary 4
GB HD. When I go to burn a CD (using the CD device as the source and
destination drive and putting the program temporarily on the hard
drive), it tells me it needs 704 MB in the temp file; however, I
have Norton Antivirus/program files in my temp files that the PC
warns me not to move because it might mess up other programs. The EC
direction say to type in a different destination if one doesn't want
to put the program on the drive, but when I try to transfer it to my
other 4 GB hard drive it gives me the same message. Can anyone
help--or should I just burn EC 5 to CD and go back to using version
4? Thanks!

Frederick

The Anti-Virus program cause alot of problems for older machines, Try
turning off Norton and then trying it. Let me know...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Frederick wrote:

> The Anti-Virus program cause alot of problems for older machines, Try
> turning off Norton and then trying it. Let me know...

No luck--I turned Norton off; rebooted the machine to be sure, and
am still getting the same message.

C.
**

Thor

www.nero.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Frederick wrote:
> >
> > The Anti-Virus program cause alot of problems for older machines, Try
> > turning off Norton and then trying it. Let me know...
> >

> No luck--I turned Norton off; rebooted the machine to be sure, and
> am still getting the same message.
>
> C.
> **

Alan

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently got the above installed on my PC. I'm running this
> program on a P2 computer with a main 4 GB drive, and a secondary 4
> GB HD. When I go to burn a CD (using the CD device as the source and
> destination drive and putting the program temporarily on the hard
> drive), it tells me it needs 704 MB in the temp file; however, I
> have Norton Antivirus/program files in my temp files that the PC
> warns me not to move because it might mess up other programs. The EC
> direction say to type in a different destination if one doesn't want
> to put the program on the drive, but when I try to transfer it to my
> other 4 GB hard drive it gives me the same message. Can anyone
> help--or should I just burn EC 5 to CD and go back to using version
> 4? Thanks!

Just a bit confused here. I normally delete all the files in the windows
temp folder as its only a temporary folder. Once programs have setup and
installed you can delete everything in there. If you can't change the
directory that EC5 want to make it sounds like you found another bug. You
should post it in alt.comp.periphs.cdr . Empty your recycle bin and then
delete all the files in the temp folder you can restore back from the
recycle bin after if you need too. Also why does your temp folder have a
restriction on the size of data you want to place in it? You can leave all
the files in the temp folder and only copy and paste what you want somewhere
else. Although the concept of leaving the data in the temp folder is just
that. Point the EC5 to that folder when you want to burn the specific files
then delete it. Not causing extra defragmentation of your harddrive. You
can't burn the files you can see in windows off to cd in respect to EC5. You
need the data in the registry too so it will run. You must uninstall and
reinstall whatever program version you use.

Alan wrote:

> Just a bit confused here. I normally delete all the files in the windows
> temp folder as its only a temporary folder. Once programs have setup and
> installed you can delete everything in there. If you can't change the
> directory that EC5 want to make it sounds like you found another bug. You
> should post it in alt.comp.periphs.cdr . Empty your recycle bin and then
> delete all the files in the temp folder you can restore back from the
> recycle bin after if you need too.

I tried that; no dice.

> Also why does your temp folder have a
> restriction on the size of data you want to place in

How do you change the size in Win 98? Thanks!

C.
**