Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Linnex shell account???

Linnex shell account???

BillKirch

My son wants me to get one....what is it?

derek / nul

On 24 Oct 2003 05:15:10 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)oads (BillKirch) wrote:

>My son wants me to get one....what is it?

Its linux and why not ask him.

DeMoN LaG

(E-Mail Removed)oads (BillKirch) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> My son wants me to get one....what is it?

Since you misspelled Linux, I don't think it's that simple to explain to
you via newsgroups. No offense or anything like that. First, search
google for "linux shell account" and see what you get, and then ask your
son what a shell account is and ask him why you should have one. Does he
want you to personally get one, or get one for him? If he wants one for
you, I don't think you need it. If he wants one for himself, ask him what
he wants to do with it and why he can't do that from your current PC.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

BillKirch

>Since you misspelled Linux,

##############
I know I misspelled it. Hey was misspronouncing it ....he's 11. So could
someone give me an Idea what it is ..please. He can't seem to explain it. BG

DeMoN LaG

(E-Mail Removed)oads (BillKirch) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I know I misspelled it. Hey was misspronouncing it ....he's 11. So
> could someone give me an Idea what it is ..please. He can't seem to
> explain it. BG

Since he can't explain it and you don't know what it is you don't need it.

But as a simple explanation, you sign up with someone for a linux shell
account. You can then log into their linux server from your machine and
run commands on it. Back in the day, many people would do this for
websurfing with a text based browser.

You don't need one though.

--
AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)